*Original communication from Office of the City Treasurer
*Please sign up for email updates from InovediaMarketing.com (upper left)
Who has the best Elevator Speech in Chicago?
Free booth at 2010 Small Business Expo and – $500 cash to winner
The Chicago City Treasurer’s Office has announced the kick off for the 2010 Elevator Pitch Contest. Two keys to success in business are a great business plan – and a great elevator speech.
What is an elevator speech? A clear and concise summary of: 30 seconds or less – of your business and why your service or product is important.
ENTER the Elevator Pitch Contest now and win $500 cash from Crowdspring and a free exhibitor booth ($350 minimum value) at the City Treasurer’s Small Business Expo on July 16th, 2010. http://www.crowdspring.com/project/2282789_city-of-chicago-elevator-pitch/details/
The Treasurer’s Office will partner with Chicago technology leader crowdSPRING this year and entries will be taken online. 1. Click the City Logo asking for business plans at www.crowdspring.com 2. Create a Username and Password – hit the “Participate Now link” 3. Submit
See the winning 2009 submission– “Chicago Chocolate Tours” at http://chicagocitytreasurer.com/events/elevatorspeechvideo1.htm
Take an elevator ride with City Treasurer Stephanie Neely and see a 45 second explanation of the contest.
Treasurer Neely adds, “Our mission is to help Chicago small business and we are proud to add the element of an elevator pitch contest to our existing business plan competition to stress the fundamentals of business success.”
About the City Treasurer’s Small Business Programs – 2-2-1
2-2-1: Two Contests – Two Free Workshop Events – 1 Great Expo
- Elevator Speech Contest – ongoing
- The Business Plan Competition —ongoing – $10,000 in prizes
- Free Business Mentor Workshops —with Chicago business leaders
- Free Business Plan Workshops (Every Wednesday in March)
- Small Business Expo 2010, Friday, July 16 at the UIC Forum.
Full details posted on www.chicagocitytreasurer.com
Office of the City Treasurer
Stephanie Neely Treasurer Contact: Public Affairs
July 02, 2008 (312) 744-8122
**InovediaMarketing.com is proud to be 2009 ambassador for the City of Chicago Small Business Expo. Follow @inovedia on Twitter for updates and information and daily Social Media Marketing tips for business!
You may also be interested in these InovediaMarketing.com articles:
- DIY PR: How to pitch your news story idea and get news coverage!
- Creating Web Video That’ll Work for Your Business
- 10 EASY Ways to Inject Twitter and Facebook into Everyday Business!
- 3 Ways to Laser Focus Your Business for Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin.
- Create Amazing Mind Blowing Business Cards NOW!
- Cheap & Easy Web Video You Can Do Too!