It’s no secret anyone can create & upload web video to their site, Youtube or other sites easily, but that doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. Here are 3 key points to consider to help keep your videos fresh, interesting and effective followed by a great discussion by some of the pros on creating videos for business.
- Don’t ONLY create videos to increase your chances of being found. Have specific business objectives (a strategy) in addition to SEO such as:
- Improve your customer service by posting how to videos.
- Added value to current clients with “tips” videos.
- Go viral – worth mentioning because, while getting millions of views on Youtube is possible, it’s really a practical goal.
- Stay on brand. “Premiere” products will want to pay special attention to quality and serious brand will have to avoid silly or tacky subjects.
- How many can you make? Creating videos takes time! Try to create a system where you shoot a couple at once so you can post them over time or get into the habit of shooting quick videos throughout your week. This will help you keep your content fresh and new!
Check out this podcast! Starting at 45min 15seconds begins a great discussion of how different businesses can use video. Thi is also a great example of the discussion every business owner should be having before they start producing videos for their business!
this WEEK in MEDIA 133 : Tales from Twitter
Tuesday, April 28, 2009 1:46 AM
What if your Iphone drove your car, what to do if people hate you online, and when all else fails put pets in your video!
TWIM (This Week In Media) is a podcast that focuses on the present and future of web video from tv shows, to movies and even how businesses are using web video for self promotion.
Already posting videos for your business? Share them in the comments! Maybe they’ll make it into our next Cheap & Easy Web Video You Can Do Too!
Please subscribe to our blog via RSS or email!
*Flickr Image by SV – Sosialistisk Venstreparti
>>NEW!! CHECK OUT SOCIAL MEDIA PROFILE BUSINESS CARDS>>>
(above) Social Profile Business Card tf 2.0 Back nologo
More InovediaMarketing.com articles you may be interested in:
Great Video Tips for Builders & You
Video Tips: “How to” and Demonstrational Videos
Web Video: Choosing a Videographer
Web Video: Customers as Spokespeople
Web Video: More Creative than a Commercial
Richard Bouchez is a certified Inbound Marketing professional specializing in Social Media Marketing & New Media content development. Richard’s web, audio & video work has been honored with Emmy, Promax & CBA awards.