Creating web videos? A lot of folks seem to think “if you build it, they will come” but that’s far from true – in fact, making the thing is just the beginning. Now you need to promote it (or them) and here are 5 tips to get you started…
- Post your videos to your blog and (this is the important part) include a bullet pointed outline in text for folks watching your videos – this will help your search rankings on Google and give folks who can’t watch your video reasons to save your video for later!
- No blog? Email your vendors, for example, and ask them to use your video as a “guest post” on their blog or share it in their company email!
- Create a slideshow version of your video – include a link to the video in the slideshow.
- Submit your videos to YouTube, Vimeo and other social and bookmarking sites – using relevant keywords in your title, description and tags is extremely important!
- Come up with a marketing plan for your video – You may not feel like you have time for brainstorming and planning, but mapping out even a loose video strategy around each video will save you a lot of time & headache down the road. In fact, this is so important it’s the one area where I even recommend hiring a marketer to help if you really can’t make the time. Here are a few bonus tips for video planning:
- Focus your efforts on 1 target audience.
- Look for tie-in opportunities, such as holidays, product launches, local/national news or events, etc.
- Embed your video in an email & send it out to your list – make sure you clearly ask for “likes,” ratings and shares!
Hope that helps!
Originally posted on the EZWebPlayer blog
You may also be interested in these InovediaMarketing.com articles:
- 10 EASY Ways to Inject Twitter and Facebook into Everyday Business!
- 3 Ways to Laser Focus Your Business for Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin.
- Create Amazing Mind Blowing Business Cards NOW!
- Cheap & Easy Web Video You Can Do Too!