Let’s finally admit that we’re often too geeky about our product, ads and ideas to see that the differences we’re selling may just be too subtle to be noticed by average Joe Public. Other times we may fall into the trap of putting a lot of effort into selling product differences that, unfortunately, few folks care about. Write down a couple of your products / businesses differentiators and email them out to your colleagues, staff and friends (not your family – let’s not try to sway the vote). See what they have to say. You might just find some new unique and different facets about your own business.
So what would the local paper, a blogger or trade magazine write about your business? If they’re not writing anything… write it for them and send it to them! Well, I’ll save that advice for another day, another post.
Check out Small Hands Big Ideas here to see how some small businesses are actually standing out from the crowd. I ran across it on BackRoadsBusiness.com, which has great marketing information for and about Mom & Pop shops. Photo by Gonzalo Barrientos
Check out these articles from InovediaMarketing.com
- Create Amazing Mind Blowing Business Cards NOW!
- Just “HOW TO” Examples You Can Do Too! (More Than Video)
- Cheap & Easy Web Video You Can Do Too!
- Make Your Small Biz Homepage Engage!
- Blogs to Facebook, Where Your Biz Should Be and How to Start
- 7 Ways Linkedin.com will Improve Your Small Business